Why We Chose All About Reading

All About Reading (AAR) is the multisensory, mastery-based program that you've been hearing so much about. Suitable for all ages and learning styles, AAR teaches phonics, decoding, fluency, and comprehension in a fun and engaging way.

Moving at a gentler pace than other more intense reading programs, AAR teaches only one new concept at a time. Yet the progressive introduction of letters introduces vowels with consonants in a way that will allow your child to begin reading almost immediately.

With lesson plans that are so amazingly clear and doable, no prior training is needed. AAR's lightly scripted and illustrated open-and-go lessons make your job easy and stress-free.

The student activity books add a lot of variety to the lessons and provided additional support.

Based on the Orton-Gillingham Approach, 97% of English words can be learned according to phonetic rules, leaving only 3% to be learned as sight words.

The phonetic readers are the best we have ever seen--beautifully illustrated hardcover books with finely detailed, full-color drawings in levels 1 through 4.

If this is your first experience with All About Reading, we encourage you to take the placement test on our website.

Reviews of All About Reading

Several members of our Blog Team have had the opportunity to use All About Reading with their families. Find out what they thought in their posts below!