Frequently Asked Questions
Click the account icon near the top right corner of our page. Next to the Login button, you'll see a link that says "Forgot password?" Click that link, type your email address in the box, and click "Send." We'll send you an email with a link to update your password. It's that simple!
1) Click on the account icon near the top right corner of our page.
2) Enter your email address and password to sign in to your account.
3) Edit the information you wish to update.
4) Click "Save."
1) Just click the account icon near the top right corner of our page.
2) Click the "Don't have an account? Register" link below the Login area.
3) Simply fill in the blanks, then click "Register."
You can convert your Doodle Dollars into a Timberdoodle Gift Card in just a few simple steps!
1) Click on the teal "Doodle Dollars" button near the lower left corner of the page (if you are not already logged in, please sign in to your Timberdoodle account).
2) You will see your current available point total at the top of the pop-up window.
3) To convert those points, click "Ways to Redeem" under the listed options.
4) Click the teal "Redeem" button.
5) Move the slider to adjust the number of points you want to redeem (all the way to the right will redeem the maximum points available). Please note your points must be redeemed in increments of 20.
6) Click the teal "Redeem" button once more.
7) On the next screen you will see your Timberdoodle Gift Card number, which you can use toward your payment when completing your order. Make note of the number or click the "Copy Code" button to save it to your clipboard. You will also receive an email providing the Gift Card number for your convenience.
We love getting curriculum to you in a pristine condition that makes you dance with delight! However, many of our products have packaging designed to catch your eye in stores rather than for long-term storage. Given that these items travel cross-country twice (first to our warehouse, then to you) some can arrive with mild cosmetic damage. While we cannot guarantee perfection, if the damage inhibits the intended use of the product, please let us know within 14 days of receiving your order so we can make it right. Please include your order number when you contact us.
Yes, but please contact us immediately! Because our team works hard to ship all orders as quickly as possible, there is only a small window of time in which an order can be revised or canceled. Orders cannot be revised or canceled once they are in our warehouse for packing and shipping.
Due to nonrefundable fees charged to us when processing payments, there will be a cancellation fee when canceling your entire order. Cancellation fees reflect the nonrefundable fees we are charged and are 3% of the order total. If you simply need to revise your order, please let us know right away and we will do what we can to help avoid those fees.
If you believe that you have received the wrong product, or an item is missing from your order, please let us know within 14 days of receiving it so that we can quickly resolve this for you. You can call us at 800-478-0672 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your order number when you contact us.
Your order has been thoroughly inspected and carefully packed, and we hope your family is delighted with our unique products. However, being realists we know that occasionally returns have to be made. We will gladly accept returns for 30 days after the date your order has shipped. If you need to make a return, just follow these five easy steps. If you have additional questions about returns, many questions will be answered here, or feel free to contact us.
Click on the account icon near the top right corner of our site to view your order and payment history. You can then correlate your order history with your financial records. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact customer service for further assistance.
Timberdoodle is located on our family property near Shelton, Washington.
Orders are packed and shipped by our own family and crew members from our warehouse here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
For logistical reasons, a few select products drop-ship directly to our customers from the manufacturers.
Sign in or create a new account by clicking the account icon near the top right corner of our website.
For an existing account, click "View Addresses" under Account Details. If your account shows a shipping address with your destination country, or if you are able to add your address, we are able to ship to you.
If you are creating a new account, you will be prompted to enter your shipping address to complete your account setup. Click the drop-down arrow for country/region in the shipping address and scroll to select your country. If your destination country appears in that list, we are able to ship to you.
Please note that due to restrictions and logistics relating to the Covid-19 situation, there may be exceptions where we cannot ship to certain areas where we would normally be able to. If you have questions or want to confirm current status, please contact us.
Most backorders are fulfilled within 1-2 weeks as our inventory is replenished. Occasionally there is a longer delay because of production, printing, or transport issues due to Covid-19 or other factors. Watch for an email update or a note at the bottom of your invoice or packing slip with our best estimate as to when your backorder is likely to ship. If you have questions about backorder status, please feel free to contact us for an update (please include your order number in any correspondence).
If your order has more than one backordered item they will generally ship together in a batch, rather than individually, using our choice of shipping method (which may differ from your original shipping method).
Shipping time depends on where you live and how you ship the order. Our shipping options include:
• Flat Rate Economy Shipping: Ships by our choice of carrier and shipping method, and usually takes 4-10 days for delivery after the order ships.
• Free Ground Shipping: Ships by our choice of carrier and shipping method, and usually takes 4-10 days for delivery after the order ships. Free Shipping is available on orders including select products only (see below for details).
• USPS Priority Mail: Usually arrives 2-3 business days after the day it ships.
• UPS Ground Flat Rate: Prioritizes processing of shipment and typically arrives in 3-6 business days.
• UPS 2-Day or 3-Day: Delivery either 2 or 3 business days after the day it ships (excludes weekends and holidays). Please note, while UPS makes every effort to expedite these shipments to meet delivery targets, UPS has suspended their typical Service Guarantee on 2-Day and 3-Day service due to impacts of the coronavirus.
• USPS Priority Mail International: International shipping times vary widely depending on destination country and other factors. Allow at least 14-21 business days for delivery. Please note, some countries are not guaranteeing delivery in the wake of the Covid-19 crisis.
• Curbside Pickup: It may not technically be "curbside pickup" since we don't have curbs out here, but customers who live nearby can choose to pick up their order at our warehouse. Customers with a local zip code will see a pick-up option at checkout. We will usually have your order prepared in 1-2 days, and we will contact you with pickup instructions when your order is ready.
All of the above time estimates may vary from time to time due to seasonal order volume and as UPS and USPS experience a range of logistical challenges due to ongoing impacts of Covid-19.
As soon as we receive your order, we leap into action. Our warehouse crew starts bright and early in the morning to carefully pack your orders, and most orders are on the way in one to three business days. If we have your email address, you will receive an email notification with the tracking when your order ships.
Please note that processing times can increase substantially during our peak curriculum season through Spring and Summer. Please contact us if you have any questions about processing time or expedited shipping options.
From time to time we may hold your order briefly while waiting for an out-of-stock item to arrive from a distributor. If your order has backordered items they will generally ship together in a batch, rather than individually, using our choice of shipping method (which may not be the same as your original shipping).
Our Economy Shipping is a flat rate of only $14.95 for orders of any size shipping within the Contiguous 48 United States!
Prepaid orders that include any of our Curriculum Kits qualify for Free Ground Shipping in the Contiguous 48 States! See full details here.
Shipping elsewhere or need it faster? Shipping options are automatically calculated prior to submitting your payment, based on your order and shipping address. Simply add items to your cart and proceed to the checkout page where you will be offered available shipping methods and costs.
We currently accept payment via major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We also accept PayPal, Amazon Pay, and Pay Over Time with Klarna. For information about payment plans, click here.
Timberdoodle does collect sales tax, but we're not required to do so for all states. Currently, we are collecting sales for Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. Click here for more info.
If they aren't, should you buy another current level kit or just keep practicing the same activities from the previous year's kit? Is there enough change between the kits to make it worthwhile?
One good way to know if your child is ready to move to the next kit grade level is to look at the placement tests. For younger children, we have full placement tests that would tell you where your child is. In older grades, you would want to look specifically at the math and language arts portions to gauge their readiness. Most likely, children are generally ready to move on to the next year's kit, perhaps with an exception or two. For example, if your child is moving into 3rd grade but tests into 2nd-grade math, you would probably want to purchase a 3rd-grade kit minus the math. Then you can figure out why your kiddo didn't master the math you used in 2nd grade. Is he missing just a few concepts that you could tackle over the summer? Is he missing more of the math foundation and you didn't realize that at the beginning of the year? Does he have some sort of learning disability that is impacting his math skills? Did the math program just not "click" with him? Has he always struggled with math, so is math just something you'll expect to move slower in? There are countless reasons why your kiddo may not be moving through the grade levels as expected, but that is the beauty of homeschooling! You get to figure out what makes your student tick and teach him how to learn all that he needs to know.
Accreditation is actually a term used for regulating schools rather than the curriculum itself. To put it another way, your local school district is accredited, but not their textbooks. So schools can be accredited, and teachers can be qualified, but there is no accreditation process available for curriculum.
To be accredited, an outside agency considers the qualifications of faculty and the hours required for each subject taught. Neither of these is relevant to evaluating the quality of Timberdoodle’s curriculum. If you see a homeschool program claiming to be accredited, remember the curriculum in an accredited school is not itself accredited. Currently, there are no states that require a homeschool curriculum to be accredited.
What most people really want to know is whether we meet their state standards. While we meet or exceed requirements in many states, each state varies widely in what they require, and we strongly encourage you to check out local laws for yourself. A quick overview of how Timberdoodle kits line up with state requirements available here. Or please feel free to reach out with any questions!