Everything a Child Should Know About God
Our price: $17.99
You Save: $2.00
This is the perfect introduction to systematic theology for your little ones. Everything a Child Should Know about God is the ideal supplement to your child’s Bible story book and answers the questions little ones have: Does God have a mom and dad? Where did Jesus live before He came to Earth? Does God have a body? Why do we want Jesus to come back? The language is simple, the illustrations are delightful, and every 2-page chapter – bite-sized text on the left-hand side, illustration on the right – not only introduces an important facet of basic doctrine but also follows it up with a reinforcing comprehension or application question. If your family is new to devotions, it doesn’t get any easier than this. 188 pages, for ages 3 to 5.
Author: Kenneth Taylor
Illustrator: Jenny Brake
Publisher: 10Publishing; Hardcover edition (November 2, 2014)
Pages: 196 pages
Awards and Endorsements:
- “Everything a Child Should Know about God is pre-school dynamite! Kenneth Taylor explains our incomprehensible God in ways even a four-year-old can understand. Get a copy for your family and introduce your young children to our amazing God and the life transforming, powerful, message of the gospel.”
- — Marty Machowski
- “As a pastor I’m always on the lookout for material that helps to teach, grow and strengthen the church family. Everything a Child Should Know about God is such a resource. Truth clearly taught, simply applied and beautifully illustrated. I have begun to read it with my grandchildren and they love it and are learning.”
- — Alistair Begg, Senior Pastor, Parkside Church, Cleveland, OH
- “It is never too early to begin training our children to know the Lord and his Word. There are few resources that are better suited for young children than Everything a Child Should Know about God. It presents the deepest truths in the simplest ways, and encourages both knowledge and trust. I highly recommend it.”
- — Tim Challies, Associate Pastor, Grace Fellowship Church, Toronto, ON; blogger, challies.com
- “This is an amazing book! It is beautifully produced, and packed full of wonderful rich truths, distilled into bite-size morsels. It is as good an overview of God’s truths for children as we could hope for. An essential book for all children, and sure to be a blessing to those who read it to them! I am sure it will quickly become a classic.”
- — Sam Allberry
- “I often reflect that the most important thing about you is what you believe about God because it will inform the way you live and determine your ultimate destiny. This little book is a polychrome primer that will be sure to inform and expand the hearts of little souls. Jenny Brake is to be congratulated for her “magical” illustrations. I love what she did. The binding and the cover and the red marker suggest that this is a fine book -- which it, indeed, is. Excellent in every way!”
- — R. Kent Hughes, Professor of Practical Theology, Westminster Theological Seminary; Senior Pastor Emeritus, College Church, Wheaton, IL
- “What I really like about this book is that it takes the big categories children need to know about God, and breaks them down into simple, easy language. The author clearly knows children and how to communicate with them, and has also put a lot of thought into faithfully communicating biblical truth. It hits all the highlights: Who God is, Creation, the Fall, Salvation in Christ, the Church. And it has lots of fun illustrations (which are also ethnically diverse).”
- — Jamie Duguid
- “This is super for preschoolers and also very young children who might have limited attention spans. Just once short page has fantastic illustrations, a simple truth about God, and encouragement to take the discussion further and personalize it if you want. As a Grandma and a Children's Ministry Worker, I see many applications for this book. Keep reading to your kids!”
- — Christina Turner
- “This is perhaps the best children’s book I’ve seen. Perfectly pitched and gorgeously presented, it makes getting into essential truths so easy. Next to a children’s Bible, this is a real must for all parents with little ones.”
- — Michael Reeves, Director of Union and Senior Lecturer, Wales Evangelical School of Theology
It’s perfect for my sons age (3) and explaining what we do and why we do things that way. Love it as a conversation starter!
I read this book to a five and a seven year old every week and they really look forward to it. It makes bible stories and christianity accessible to them in an easy to understand way. The pictures are wonderful and everything is really well made. The bible verses are picked with care and really enhance the lesson. I would recommend this product.
I don’t love the illustrations. The content is VERY simplistic, bored my 4-5 year old. It’s Biblically solid, but not engaging.
Perfect for lil ones. Nothing else out there like it.
I've enjoyed this kid level devotional with my daughter. I have not come across a book like it. Most children's bible books deal only with bible stories but this explains how the Bible was written and by who. It explains prophets and topics that are not usually taught at this age level all in small bite sized easy to understand pieces.