The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
Our price: $15.99
You Save: $1.00
NEW! Now also available in a delightful animated DVD series!
Grounded in Scripture
The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name is the same concept as The Big Picture Story Bible, but designed for either the young child who is looking for a bit more meat during family devotions or an older child who is a confident reader and a ready talker. We emphasize the latter as the concepts reflected in this storybook Bible are grounded in Scripture but missing from the church at large.
Family Devotions Discussion Starter
Also, this is not the Bible but a storybook, and as such, some of the stories have been embroidered a bit to add clarity or drama. What a wonderful opportunity, then, that the author gives us to talk with our children about perspective and intent and in some cases how they would have taken that passage and made it more understandable for children.
Vibrant, Quirky Illustrations
The vibrant, quirky illustrations by an award-winning children's book illustrator are both stunning and intriguing and are liable to promote discussions on their own!
It's All About Jesus
If you want a profound children's Bible storybook, where the overarching story is Jesus, The Jesus Storybook Bible does it nicely.
Author: Sally Lloyd-Jones
Copyright: March 2007
Printed In: China
Illustrated by: Jago,an accomplished illustrator with several prestigious awards to his credit, including an AOI Silver Award in 2004, and the National Literacy Association 'Wow!' Award.
Awards and Endorsements:
2007 Gold Moonbeam Award
2009 NAPPA Award Winner
2010 Mom's Choice Award Winner
ALA's 2010 list of Notable Children's Recordings
- "A unique resource for communicating the gospel to children in all it's fullness."
- —Kathy Keller, Redeemer Church Parenting Newsletter, NYC, Feb 2007
- "I would urge not just families with young children to get this book, but every Christian"
- —Dr Tim Keller, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, NYC, Feb 2007
- "The Jesus Storybook Bible is unlike any other storybook. True, that's to be expected when you combine the mesmerizing illustrations of Jago and the award-winning writing of Sally Lloyd-Jones, a Brit with an uncanny knack for storytelling. Not only is each story as vividly illustrated as it is portrayed, but also each tale is telling one Big Story--the Story of Jesus. Even the Old Testament stories of `The young hero and the horrible giant' and `Daniel and the scary sleepover' come full circle to Jesus, the greatest Hero, King, Lover and Rescuer the world has ever known." —More to Life Magazine, May 2007
- "'The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name' disproves the adage that you can't judge a book by its cover. Jago's award-winning cover art is a foretaste of the whimsically insightful and richly colored drawings that await you on every one of the book's 351 pages. The illustrations alone are worth the price of the book. Jago the illustrator, and Sally Lloyd-Jones the author, are a good pair. She brings the same creativity and sense of humor to her telling of the Bible's stories. But Lloyd-Jones's writing isn't cutesy. She has a grasp of the profound. How does one explain to a child the agony of Jesus in Gethsemane, and his prayer of surrender to his Father? Lloyd-Jones does it as well as any biblical commentator. The title and subtitle are even better than the book's delightful illustrations and narrative -- because they provide, in one deft stroke, the interpretive key that unlocks the meaning of the whole Bible. 'The Jesus Storybook Bible' says it all: The Scriptures are not merely a collection of stories designed to teach moral lessons. As Jesus explained to the men walking the road to Emmaus on Resurrection Sunday, the whole Bible is about Jesus. In the words of the subtitle, every story whispers his name. Lloyd-Jones manages to show again and again the presence of Christ in all the Old Testament Scriptures, and the presence of the Old Testament Scriptures in the life of Christ." —Christianity Today
Please log into an account before writing a review