What Your Preschooler Needs to Know
Our price: $20.75
What Your Preschooler Needs to Know is a beautifully illustrated read-aloud anthology offering your preschooler what fellow parents, educators, and distinguished developmental psychologists consider the "core of knowledge" for preschoolers.
Covers 6 Subject Areas
Presented in a read-aloud format to help your child get ready for Kindergarten, with sections for each subject, including:
- History: This down-to-earth introduction to American history has dynamic illustrations, powerful stories, and a handful of simple projects you and your child can enjoy together.
- Science: What Your Preschooler Needs to Know contains spot-on questions and stunning photos which will encourage your child to observe and experience the wonder of animals and the physical properties of light, air, and water.
- Music: Children love songs, especially activity songs, so What Your Preschooler Needs to Know includes both the classics you grew up with, and a couple of new ones to boot.
- Favorite Poems and Rhymes: Rhymes are a critical pre-reading skill. What Your Preschooler Needs to Know includes delightfully illustrated poems, limericks, tongue twisters, and "fingerplay" verses that you and your child can perform together.
- Visual Arts: Vibrant, full-color reproductions of all sorts of art will give you an opportunity to talk about shapes, colors, different styles, and art history.
- Beloved Stories and Fables: Read-aloud stories might be your child's favorite section, but families differ in their tastes in literature, so be sure to pre-read the stories to make sure they are aligned with your family's values.
In addition, What Your Preschooler Needs to Know contains valuable sidebars throughout the book suggesting questions to ask and games to play to deepen your preschooler's learning experience. There's also an appendix at the end of the book for additional resources. What Your Preschooler Needs to Know presents tons of opportunities to promote curiosity and kindle a love of learning in your child.
Enrich your preschooler's learning experience with...
Edited by: E.D. Hirsch Jr & Linda Bevilacqua
Publisher: Random House Inc
Printed In: China
I love this book. I recommend it to a few friends who have since bought it and love it too! My 2 year old will sit still for a story or two. He is two and enjoys them. I'm also excited about a few stories I've had trouble finding in the past being in this book.
I found this book super helpful since it was my first year homeschooling!!!
I love that it touches all subjects and we we this book religiously almost every night along with bedtime stories. My 3 yr old is very engaged and loves when I pop this book open to learn from.
I honestly thought this would be useless but I was shocked by how much we used this book. It has a lot of wonderfully written stories and the geography/history section is packed with great material.
This is an excellent resource for helping you make sure you cover some of the basics in science and history as well as making sure your kids are caught up to speed on some of the most classic stories for their age group.