All About Reading Pre-reading
The All About Reading Pre-reading Deluxe set is a perfect first step toward learning how to read. Designed for young learners in preschool through kindergarten, All About Reading Pre-reading builds a solid foundation for later reading by teaching five key skills: Print Awareness (understanding how books work), Phonological Awareness (understanding how sounds form words), Letter Knowledge (learning uppercase and lowercase letters), Listening Comprehension (understanding stories), and Motivation to Read (developing an enthusiasm for reading). All of this is accomplished through fun short stories such as “Calico cats crunch cookies and candy,” simple letter-based art projects, and the included unfussy games, so that even such thorough learning feels like play.
All About Reading Pre-reading Deluxe includes: Teacher's Manual, Student Packet, The Zigzag Zebra book, Lizard Lou book, Divider Cards, Letter Sounds A to Z app, a Review Box, Reading Tote Bag, Ziggy Zebra puppet, and Adorable Animal Stickers.
All About Reading
All About Reading (AAR) is the multisensory, mastery-based program that you’ve been hearing so much about. Suitable for all ages and learning styles, AAR teaches phonics, decoding, fluency, and comprehension in a fun and engaging way. Moving at a gentler pace than other more intense reading programs, with AAR only one new concept is taught at a time. Their precept-upon-precept program works with all kids, and AAR’s built-in review system helps learning to stick. The progressive introduction of letters introduces vowels with consonants in a way that will allow your child to begin reading almost immediately.
And you will be thrilled to know that no prior training is needed; AAR has lightly-scripted and illustrated “open and go” lessons that makes your job easy and stress free. Based on the Orton-Gillingham Approach, 97% of English words can be learned according to phonetic rules, leaving only 3% to be learned as sight words. The student activity books add a lot of variety to the lessons and provide additional support. The phonetic readers are the best we have ever seen – beautifully illustrated hardcover books with finely detailed black-and-white drawings. The complete AAR program consists of five levels from PreK through third grade.
Note: If you are teaching more than one student at a time, you will want to either order additional Activity Books for each student, or photocopy each page as allowed for family use in the copyright. The student pages in the Activity Book are perforated, making them convenient to tear out and use or photocopy. If you are reusing the package with future students, you will also want the consumable progress chart and certificate of achievement, which are available as free downloads.
Download this Readiness Checklist to determine if your student is ready for Pre-reading.
Download Lizard Lou Book sample PDF
Download The Zigzag Zebra Book sample PDF
Download Activity Book sample PDF
Download Teacher's Manual sample PDF
All About Reading Pre-reading Deluxe teaches:
Motivation to Read
All About Reading Pre-reading Scope and Sequence.
If you are teaching more than one student at a time, you will want to either order additional Activity Books for each student, or photocopy each page as allowed for family use in the copyright. The student pages in the Activity Book are perforated, making them convenient to tear out and use or photocopy.
If you are reusing the package with future students, you will also want the consumable progress chart and certificate of achievement, which are available as free downloads.
Please log into an account before writing a review