Zoology 3 Notebooking Journal
for use with Exploring Creation with Zoology 3
You Don't Need This Book
Really! However, for some of you, it may be the most useful science supplement you can buy, and that is why we are excited to offer it.
How the Young Explorer Series Uses Notebooks
The Young Explorer Series is our favorite science program for young scientists, and with good reason. The Charlotte Mason approach provides lots of information in a readable, engaging format. Lessons are designed to be spread over multiple weeks, with significant portions devoted to hands-on experiments and to notebook keeping.
Notebook Keeping Explained
Notebook keeping is simply a system for assisting your child to document what he has learned in each lesson. With the use of this book or even an ordinary 3-ring binder, your child will write out the highlights of each lesson. If your child doesn't enjoy writing, don't let that discourage either of you. The author of this book encourages you to have your child dictate his thoughts to you or illustrate them.
Regardless of how you implement it, this approach helps your child to think through what he has learned, distill it down to its most basic level, and communicate it effectively. If he can't communicate it well, he probably doesn't really grasp it.
Two Approaches to Notebooks
When it comes to what notebook you use, your options are as varied as your children. We suggest one of two approaches. The cheapest option is to visit your local discount store and pick up a 3-ring binder. Then, print out the PDF to use as starter pages, punch holes in them, and begin.
For some of you, though, the time involved in a shopping trip, the cost of printing out forty-odd pages, and the effort of getting them all hole-punched and placed in order in the notebook is a bigger expenditure than simply purchasing a ready-to-use notebook. It is for your family that we offer this great tool.
A Wide Variety of Resources
With 200 ready-to-use pages, as well as 64 pages of full-color supplements, the spiral-bound Zoology 3 Notebooking Journal includes:
- A suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments using a two-days-per-week plan.
- Fascinating Facts Templates for your student to record what he has learned with both words and illustrations for each lesson.
- Includes animal stickers for completing the Map It! activities found throughout the book.
- Templates for completing the Notebooking Activities.
- Review Questions for each lesson, which can be answered orally or as written narration.
- Scripture Copywork, with both print and cursive practice--a valuable method for memorizing Scripture; teaching spelling, grammar, and writing; and for handwriting practice.
- Project Pages and Scientific Speculation Sheets for the student to keep a record of experiments or projects completed throughout the course.
- An enormous selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student's studies.
- Ideas for dissections, projects, and experiments to help your student Explore More.
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create.
- Field Trip Sheets to keep a record of field trips he enjoyed during his studies.
- A Final Review with fifty questions to test comprehension and retention.
Download PDF samples:
Pages: 200 black and white, plus 64-page color appendix
Publisher: Apologia Educational Ministries
Made In: USA
Awards and Endorsements:
Old Schoolhouse EE Award 2015 1st Place Winner!
Practical Homeschooling 2015 Reader Award Top Ranked by Homeschoolers!
One of Cathy Duffy's 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum 2015!
About.com Readers' Choice Winner!
Please log into an account before writing a review