Zoology 3 Notebooking Journal
This journal is designed to be used with Exploring Creation with Zoology 3. The Young Explorer Series is our favorite science program for young scientists and with good reason. The Charlotte Mason approach provides lots of information in a readable, engaging format. Lessons are designed to be spread over multiple weeks, with significant portions devoted to hands-on experiments and notebook keeping. Notebook keeping is simply a system for assisting your child in documenting what he has learned in each lesson. With this book, your child will write out the highlights of the lesson.
If your child is young or doesn't enjoy writing, you can instead use the Junior Notebooking Journal, available separately. This approach helps your child think through what he has learned, distill it down to its most basic level, and communicate it effectively. If he can't reiterate it well, he probably doesn't grasp it.
With 200 ready-to-use pages, as well as 64 pages of full-color supplements, the spiral-bound Zoology 3 Notebooking Journal includes:
- A suggested schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments using a two-day-per-week plan
- Fascinating facts templates for your student to record what he has learned with words and illustrations for each lesson.
- Includes animal stickers for completing the Map It! activities found throughout the book
- Templates for completing the Notebooking Activities.
- Review questions for each lesson, which can be answered orally or as a written narration
- Scripture copywork, with print and cursive practice--a valuable method for memorizing Scripture; teaching spelling, grammar, and writing; and handwriting practice
- Project pages and scientific speculation sheets for the student to record experiments or projects completed throughout the course
- There is an enormous selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student's studies
- Ideas for dissections, projects, and experiments to help your student explore more
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create.
- Field trip sheets to record field trips he enjoyed during his studies.
- A final review with fifty questions to test comprehension and retention.