Nomadic Professor: US History 1 & 2
The Nomadic Professor US1 & US2 is an exciting departure from the typical history textbook for high schoolers. Fascinating onsite videos are interspersed among the text sections with comprehension questions for teens to complete as they watch the videos and read the lesson material. After each unit, your student will watch a presentation emphasizing critical thinking skills to evaluate historical information. Here he will be looking at excerpts from primary source documents, textbooks, and images of historical artifacts. To strengthen your teen’s historical literacy, he will be asked to evaluate social media biases, advertisements, and even political cartoons.
This entirely-virtual course uses a combination of intriguing videos and engaging text with intensity options. Your teen can take US1 & US2 for high school credit with this ten-month subscription. Or, if he prefers, he can opt to take the advanced track to prepare for the AP and CLEP tests.
Families will want to know that occasional historical artwork includes partial nudity.
More About Nomadic Professor: US History 1 & 2
- US History 1 & 2 covers from the pre-Columbian Americas to the end of Reconstruction (pre-15th century to 1877).
- 20 units of about 5 sessions each (4 content sessions, 1 document-based lesson per unit)
- Appr. 140-180 working days (at Standard or AP levels)
- Appr. 28-46 weeks (at 3x or 5x per week)
- 1 credit US History; 0.5 credits historical methods; 0.5 credits college writing; prep for US CLEP 1