Thinkwell - AP Biology
(Thinkwell - AP Biology is a digital product and will be delivered to you via email.)
Advanced Placement (AP) classes are not for every student, but if you have a child who is college-bound, consider this: About one-third of all students entering college have taken at least one AP exam, and of those, nearly ten percent were able to enter college as sophomores. With today's staggering tuition costs, that alone is hugely significant. Even if your child takes only one AP exam for a course required by his major, he will not only save the excessive tuition and book costs for that course, but by accomplishing this while at home he will also save the corresponding room and board costs.
Other Benefits Include:
• Reduced course load, allowing your child to take fewer classes while in college, and giving him more time to dedicate to particularly troublesome courses.
• Completion of AP exams signals to admission officers your child's preparedness for college.
• More flexibility in your child's college classes, so he can pick up an elective or two that would be prohibitive under other circumstances.
Thinkwell AP Courses Help Students Prepare
While taking an AP course is not required to take an AP exam, we think you will find that Thinkwell Advanced Placement courses can help your child acquire the skills and habits he will need to be successful in the exam. Thinkwell AP courses explain, illustrate, and demonstrate online with engaging multimedia video lectures. Simply watch a ten-minute video, then practice the exercises; it is that easy.
What You Need to Succeed on AP Exams
Thinkwell AP courses are complete packages with lessons, automatically graded exercises that provide immediate feedback to allow your child to quickly determine in which areas he'll need to spend extra time studying, diagnostic tests that tell you exactly what he'll need to study, plus exams and automatic grading. All courses are online, so your child can view them anywhere. The concise, illustrated review notes further help your child to distill the ideas and concepts he'll need to grasp in order to succeed on AP exams.
The Edge Your College-Bound Student Is Looking For
Thinkwell AP courses are subscription-based, but subscriptions don't start until you are ready. You can buy now and wait up to one year to activate your subscription. At that point, your child will have access to the course for twelve months. However, you can purchase extra time in one-month, three-month, and six-month increments if needed. Used at over 450 colleges and universities, with lectures by award-winning teachers, Thinkwell AP courses will give your college-bound child the edge he is looking for.
Instead of purchasing a physical product, with Thinkwell you are purchasing an online subscription that gives you online access to the program for a set amount of time.
Once You've Purchased and Activated Your Subscription, Just Follow These Easy Steps:
1. Watch a five- to ten-minute online video lesson featuring award-winning teachers. Our complete courses include over 150 topics.
2. Do the automatically graded exercises for the topic. You'll get instant correct-answer feedback.
3. Move on to the next lesson!
It really is as simple as that! How do we keep homeschooling easy for students and parents?
• Thinkwell online videos work with any learning style, so any student can be successful.
• Automatically-graded exercises mean parents can leave the grading to us, and monitor their student's progress at their convenience.
• Complete glossaries, full-color printable notes, and most courses even include automatically-graded practice and chapter tests, as well as mid-terms and finals.
Emmy Award–winning teacher George Wolfe teaches Thinkwell's AP Biology, and his passion for teaching biology is obvious from the first video; he makes learning fun and effective for any student. And with the best AP Biology teacher breaking down the fundamentals and advanced concepts of AP Biology, the AP Biology exam will be a snap!
Though similar to our college-level biology course, AP Biology also includes diagnostic assessments geared toward AP exam preparation.
Thinkwell's AP Biology includes all of these features to prepare you for the big exam:
• Equivalent to 11th- or 12th-grade AP Biology
• More than 380 video lessons
• 272 available contact hours (The number of contact hours in a course reflects the amount of time a student will typically spend completing the assignments in each course [i.e. watching videos, doing exercises, taking exams, etc...]. Many people think about contact hours as the "seat time" for a course. Thinkwell provides this information so you can ensure that the amount of instruction in a Thinkwell course meets the standards and requirements for your state or region.)
• 1000+ interactive AP Bio problems with immediate feedback allow you to track your progress (see sample)
• AP Biology practice tests and chapter tests for all fourteen chapters, as well as midterm and final exams to make sure you're ready for the AP Biology exam
• Diagnostic tests that tell you exactly what you need to study
• Printable illustrated notes for each topic
• Closed captioning for all videos
• Glossary of more than 1600 biology terms
Engaging content to help students advance their knowledge of biology:
• Inorganic and organic chemistry
• Organelles, the cytoskeleton, and other aspects of cell biology
• Molecular genetics and DNA replication
• Biotechnology and the Human Genome Project
• Cell reproduction: mitosis and meiosis
• Mendelian genetics and mutation
• Taxonomy and the evolution of Earth's organisms
• Animal systems such as the skeletal, digestive, and nervous systems
• Plant systems and photosynthesis
• Ecology, biomes, and ecosystems
Please log into an account before writing a review