What Your Preschooler Needs to Know
Our price: $22.75
What Your Preschooler Needs to Know is a beautifully illustrated read-aloud anthology offering your preschooler what fellow parents, educators, and distinguished developmental psychologists consider the "core of knowledge" for preschoolers.
Covers 6 Subject Areas
Presented in a read-aloud format to help your child get ready for Kindergarten, with sections for each subject, including:
- History: This down-to-earth introduction to American history has dynamic illustrations, powerful stories, and a handful of simple projects you and your child can enjoy together.
- Science: What Your Preschooler Needs to Know contains spot-on questions and stunning photos which will encourage your child to observe and experience the wonder of animals and the physical properties of light, air, and water.
- Music: Children love songs, especially activity songs, so What Your Preschooler Needs to Know includes both the classics you grew up with, and a couple of new ones to boot.
- Favorite Poems and Rhymes: Rhymes are a critical pre-reading skill. What Your Preschooler Needs to Know includes delightfully illustrated poems, limericks, tongue twisters, and "fingerplay" verses that you and your child can perform together.
- Visual Arts: Vibrant, full-color reproductions of all sorts of art will give you an opportunity to talk about shapes, colors, different styles, and art history.
- Beloved Stories and Fables: Read-aloud stories might be your child's favorite section, but families differ in their tastes in literature, so be sure to pre-read the stories to make sure they are aligned with your family's values.
In addition, What Your Preschooler Needs to Know contains valuable sidebars throughout the book suggesting questions to ask and games to play to deepen your preschooler's learning experience. There's also an appendix at the end of the book for additional resources. What Your Preschooler Needs to Know presents tons of opportunities to promote curiosity and kindle a love of learning in your child.
Enrich your preschooler's learning experience with...
Edited by: E.D. Hirsch Jr & Linda Bevilacqua
Publisher: Random House Inc
Printed In: China
This book is seriously so good. 10 stars! I’m a first time homeschooler and have found this to be SO helpful. The stories are written in a way that my 4 yr old PreK can understand and he’s really interested when I read. We have been learning about thanksgiving and this book really helped lay the foundation in an easy to digest way. It doesn’t go too deep into the topics but I like that. It gives me freedom to add to them as needed. It also helps me feel like I’m on the “right track” in case he eventually goes to public school. I even bought one for my second grader.
This is a nice complain of lots of different subjects to go through with my preschooler.
As a while we just weren't that impressed with this book. For a title so demanding, it really feel short. It's surprising that a lot of the information world be deemed "need to know."
Fun book to read together and learn about poems, science, and more!
My daughter and I have been enjoying this book so much. I love that there are little tips about things to talk about as you read the longer selections. I've noticed they keep my daughter much more engrossed in the stories. I also love the variety of topics included. Very excited to keep using this book this year!