Letter Tiles for All About Reading and Spelling
Letter Tiles and Magnets are a hands-on manipulative for the All About Reading or the All About Spelling curriculum.
Product Code: 878-189
In a Curriculum Kit
Fantastic Tactile Component
Letter Tiles for All About Reading and Spelling
Does your child need something more tactile than the All About Reading app? Would he benefit from more practice off of a screen? Then we would recommend Letter Tiles for All About Reading and Spelling. The sturdy letter tiles and heading labels are heavily laminated cardstock and wipe clean easily. They are sized just right for children's hands at 1", making them easy to move and manipulate, and they are built to last.
The phonogram tiles are color-coded for faster learning:
The five heading labels help you group your tiles on the table while teaching. Logically grouping the tiles makes them easy to locate during a spelling lesson and aids visual memory. Each set contains 108 tiles—two letters a to z, one each of the remaining letter combinations, and six blank tiles.
The All About Learning Magnet set is the perfect companion for Letter Tiles for All About Reading and Spelling. Families who use the physical Letter Tiles find that the Magnets are a welcome aid when using the tiles on a magnetic whiteboard or other surfaces. These Magnets fit neatly on the backs of the Letter Tiles, and they are just the right strength to keep Letter Tiles from slipping while not being so strong that the tiles become difficult to slide into place. This set includes enough magnets for the letter tiles, letter tile labels, syllable tags, and the prefix and suffix tiles that are added in upper levels.
All About Reading
All About Reading (AAR) is the multisensory, mastery-based program you’ve heard about. Suitable for all ages and with activities that benefit all learning styles, AAR teaches phonics, decoding, fluency, and comprehension in a fun and engaging way. Moving at a gentler pace than other more intense reading programs, with AAR, only one new concept is taught at a time. Their precept-upon-precept program works with all kids, and AAR’s built-in review system helps the learning stick.
Based on the Orton-Gillingham Approach, 97% of English words can be learned according to phonetic rules, leaving only 3% as sight words. The progressive introduction of letters introduces vowels with consonants in a way that will allow your child to begin reading almost immediately. We particularly like how AAR integrates phonics instruction and phonics readers into a single comprehensive program, so they correlate directly with each other.
And you will be thrilled to know that no prior training is needed. AAR has lightly scripted and illustrated “open and go” lessons that make your job easy and stress-free. Lessons are taught in short, manageable chunks. The author recommends students spend no more than 20 minutes a day learning to read, plus another 20 listening to a read-aloud.
The student activity books add variety to the lessons and provide additional support. The phonetic readers are the best we have ever seen – beautifully illustrated hardcover books with finely detailed full-color drawings. The complete AAR program consists of five levels, from PreK through third grade.
About All About Spelling
Kids learn in a variety of ways. That is why a multisensory approach, like All About Spelling (AAS), is so successful.
But children also differ in their motivational approach to learning. You may have a curious child who really wants to understand the ins and outs of spelling, while his sibling just doesn't care. Suppose you have a child who thrives on spelling rules and is most comfortable understanding the reasoning behind each word's spelling. In that case, he will adore AAS because a single new rule or concept is taught in each spelling lesson. The award-winning AAS provides complete and comprehensive instruction using the multisensory Orton-Gillingham explicit teaching approach.
These sturdy letter tiles and heading labels are made of heavy, laminated cardstock and wipe clean easily. They are sized just right for children's hands at 1", making them easy to move and manipulate. Use them alongside your All About Reading or All About Spelling sets.
To use the magnets:
Both students can share! If you prefer to have both children complete all tile activities simultaneously, you may wish to purchase an additional set. However, this is not required.
Other features and benefits include:
Publisher: All About Learning Press
Age Recommendation: 5+
Grade Recommendation: K+
Letter Tile & Magnet Set Includes:
CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
MAGNETIC WARNING - This product contains small magnets. Swallowed magnets can cause complications leading to serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.